Kitchen & Bath Counters in Arkansas
Countertops set the stage for memorable meals and daily rituals. If your current counters leave you underwhelmed, come visit Arkansas’ favorite kitchen & bath experts at Akel’s Carpet One Floor & Home.
We have everything you need to create better work and storage spaces, with a comprehensive selection of granite, marble, laminate, and quartz countertops in our local floor & décor stores, with all the best countertop brands represented in our inventory.
Best Types of Countertops
Each type of countertop has its unique benefits, strengths, and perks.
Quartz, marble, granite, and laminate are our most popular types of countertops.
- Quartz countertops are made to withstand heat and heavy use. While virtually maintenance free, these nonporous surfaces resist staining, scratching, and heat damage without sealing or special treatment.
- Granite countertops are high-end favorites, offering unique textures and enduring value. A granite countertop, though made from one of nature’s hardest stones, requires occasional sealing to stay pristine and spills need to be quickly removed to prevent stains.
- Marble countertops are timeless and luxurious: a gourmet baker’s best friend as they stay cool to the touch. If properly maintained your marble counter can last up to a century. However, care must be maintained to avoid scratches and staining.
- Laminate countertops are by far the most affordable countertop option. They resist everyday stains and don’t require sealing to do so. The con is that laminate counters can’t be repaired once they’re scratched, so they generally have a shorter lifespan.
Installing Your Countertops
Chat with our team if you need your new countertops professionally installed.
Countertop installation is a tedious process that essentially involved reassembling your sink area and often, your plumbing. Let our experts do the heavy lifting to perfection.
Choosing the Best Countertops
Not sure where to even begin? Here are some helpful tips for designing with your new countertops.
- Lighting matters. Remember that adequate lighting will showcase the subtle nuances of your counters, down to every marble vein or quartz fleck.
- Location is key. Kitchen counters have different functional needs than bathroom counters. For instance, marble is known to keep dough cool while baking, making it a gourmand favorite.
- Color plays a vital role. Many décor experts advise choosing a counter color that’s lighter than your cabinets. White, beige, and other neutrals are always a safe bet.
Learn More About Kitchen & Bath Counters
Want to learn more about our custom countertop and countertop installation options for kitchen & bath ?
Please visit us soon in Little Rock, Sherwood, or North Little Rock, AR, to browse our product displays.